Friday, August 1, 2008

The Journey Begins....Now! No wait...Now!

Welcome to our blog! Dominic, Nick, and Gretta are going to be keeping a journal--hopefully on a weekly basis or so--of our adventures whilst in the Northeastern part of the continent. Feel free to check back here every once in a while. With any luck--and internet service--we will keep you posted.

As some of you know, Dominic drives a 1983 Mercedes Station wagon, which has 388,000 miles on it. He recently converted it to run on veggie oil (more on that later), and he and Gretta drove to Connecticut to rendezvous with me. That is where our trip officially begins. We stayed an afternoon with my sister, Anya, cooked pizza, and had a lovely time hanging out on her front porch.



Dominic and Gretta had arrived almost a day late (one of many delays we have now come to expect), so we packed, showered, and hit the road that same night. Here is a picture of us, with our bike reflectors on top of the car gleaming behind us, right before we left:



There's more to come, but that's all we have time for now. Thanks and stay tuned!

4 comments:

Adriana said...

The only thing I have to say is that i wish I could be one of you to take part on this trip.

pretty cool. Nick I will take out for dinner when you get back I want to hear everything about the trip.

Have fun

Unknown said...

If you guys decide to cruise through pittsburgh in your greasol, I'll hook up some of the finest fuel you can get. Just let me know...Wanderlust...

Patricio Denevan said...

Dominic, Gretta and fellow adventurers. Good luck and happy trails to you. Pat and Mary Denevan- Oaxaca

Unknown said...

nicolino!!! i had such a great time with you guys... i miss you already, you brave souls, you! tell gretta & dominico hi for me!